For 40 years, NIVA Inc. has been Canada’s leading consultancy specializing in science, technical, and risk communication. We offer a full suite of solutions that enable clients involved with any type of complex subject-matter to engage, inform, and motivate their target audiences.
We remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard-working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
NIVA has an immediate opening for a full-time intermediate-level Science Writer/Editor. Our customers come from all sectors and disciplines, from science-based government agencies to private sector engineering firms. You will be responsible for understanding the needs of our clients, their audience(s), and the subject-matter in which they are involved, and then translating this knowledge accurately into a form that is clear, simple, and relevant. This could include writing and editing success stories, plain language summaries, technical reports, web content, video scripts, and other related documents. It means being involved in strategic communication planning initiatives, and leading client engagement on deliverables throughout project completion.
- A mastery of the written English language.
- Must be able to express ideas clearly and logically and should love to write. A profound curiosity and desire for constantly acquiring new knowledge is a plus.
- 5 to 7 years of plain language science or technical writing/editing experience. Experience working with Canadian federal government clients is an asset.
- Graduation with bachelors-level education is a minimum (and advanced degrees are preferred).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects, both collaboratively and independently, and produce high-quality work on deadline.
- Must have the highest standards of customer service and professionalism and enjoy regularly engaging with colleagues and clients in a small office environment.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced, and supportive environment where talent and hard work is recognized, continuous learning is supported, and where a foundation is laid for your personal success and growth. We provide competitive remuneration and benefits, including group health, dental, and life insurance.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.
Interested candidates should submit a résumé and cover letter stating salary requirements, along with three writing/editing samples, to email@example.com by no later than Friday, December 28, 2018.
We are always looking for dedicated people to join our team. While we may not have anything that matches your interest right now, you are encouraged to forward us your resume and cover letter. We will keep your information on file for future reference should a role come available that is aligned with your experience and skill profile.
Working at NIVA
As a communications firm specializing in science-based, technical, and risk-related subject matter, our goal is to remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and a seasoned corporate process is provided to enable your success and achieve the results we are known for. We provide competitive remuneration, including group health, dental, and life insurance, in addition to an RRSP matching program.
We are also conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.