Are you an excellent writer? Do you have a passion for helping organizations engage with internal and external stakeholders and manage change? Do you live and breathe all things social media? We want you to join our growing team.
To assist us in serving an expanding client base with exciting new projects, NIVA has an immediate opening for an experienced, highly motivated Communications Specialist. This is a full time 3-month contract role to start (37.5 hours/week), with the possibility of extension based on performance and business requirements.
Your responsibilities in this varied and dynamic role could include:
- Coordinating and creating high-impact written communication products (e.g., presentations, discussion papers, fact sheets, newsletters, meeting summaries, key messages, speaking points, news releases, etc.).
- Directly and indirectly supporting workshop facilitation, stakeholder engagement and consultation, as well as related reporting.
- Producing, scheduling, and publishing social media posts across multiple platforms and conducting related performance measurement.
- Researching and drafting input for the development and implementation of powerful communication strategies and associated plans.
- Planning and content creation for other communication products (corporate documents, marketing and promotional material, annual reports, etc.).
- Collaborating with client project leads and understanding the needs of their audiences.
- Supporting the development of new client project proposals.
- Carrying out other related duties as required, including project management.
Our ideal candidate will meet or exceed the following requirements:
- At least 5 years of direct experience in a similar role(s), where you have excelled in delivering on most or all duties as outlined above (particularly with projects for public sector and NGO clients).
- University degree related to communications, public relations, marketing, or similar.
- Exceptional capacity for writing effectively to help organizations reach various target audiences including policy makers, regulators, stakeholders, and the public. Highly skilled at framing issues to align with achieving strategic goals and objectives.
- Very comfortable with scientific and technical subject matter.
- Deep knowledge of designing and publishing content for maximum impact on all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Teams, and Adobe Professional.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, both collaboratively and independently, while producing high-quality work within rigid deadlines and competing priorities.
- Confident, creative, flexible, adaptable, resourceful with a meticulous attention to detail and quality assurance. A communication wizard – written, oral, and digital.
- Proven track record of delivering the highest standards of proactive client-centered customer service, professional conduct, and teamwork.
Special consideration will be given to those who also hold the following qualifications:
- Direct experience with supporting clients who need to clearly communicate scientific, technical, risk-related, and other complex subject matter to diverse audiences.
- Experience in a client-facing role within an agency setting.
- Fluently bilingual.
- Strong editing, proofreading, and formatting skills.
The starting salary for this position has been set at $60,000 (pro-rated for the contract period).
We offer an exciting, fast paced, and supportive environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and where a foundation is laid for your personal success and growth.
As soon as possible.
This will be a home-based position.
Please submit your resume, cover letter, along with three work samples that explicitly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this position to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Monday, January 18, 2020.
While we thank all candidates for their interest in the position, only those being considered will be contacted.
We are always looking for dedicated people to join our team. While we may not have anything that matches your interest right now, you are encouraged to forward us your resume and cover letter. We will keep your information on file for future reference should a role come available that is aligned with your experience and skill profile.
Working at NIVA
NIVA enables organizations to communicate better so they can mobilize knowledge, solve problems, and achieve their goals. We also provide clients with specialized strategic and tactical support for all aspects of scientific, technical, and risk communication.
We remain at the forefront of our industry by offering unmatched, high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard-working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and a seasoned corporate process is provided to enable your success and achieve the results we are known for. We provide competitive remuneration, including group health, dental, and life insurance.