We are Canada’s leading firm for transforming complex subject matter into powerful communications that are clear, simple, and relevant to target audiences. We specialize in creating scientific, technical, and risk communication products that engage, inform, and motivate action.
NIVA has an immediate need for a Technical Writer (start date in mid-August). This is initially for a 6-week contract with the possibility of extension. In this role you will:
- Support the processing of scientific publications
- Manage the progress of documents through the publishing process
- Follow up with document authors and approval authorities as required
- Work collaboratively with the other team members
- Other related duties as required
For at least 12 months within the last 36 months, direct experience with the following:
- coordinating, editing and reviewing scientific publications, ensuring conformance to governmental publishing guidelines
- maintaining an established process to review, format, complete, catalogue and distribute scientific and technical reports
- converting Word documents to PDF A using Adobe Acrobat Pro or Standard
- collecting data and maintaining spreadsheets to track their document handling volume
- safeguarding documents from unauthorized access according to the Government of Canada’s SOA Standard
- the destruction of government or other official documents
- working with a large volume of documents
Other important information:
Candidates must hold a valid security clearance at the SECRET level with the Canadian Industrial Security Division of Public Services and Procurement Canada (PWGSC).
Bilingualism is a definite asset.
Location: On site in Ottawa, ON.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter by clicking below or sending email to email@example.com, no later than Friday, August 2, 2019.
We are always looking for dedicated people to join our team. While we may not have anything that matches your interest right now, you are encouraged to forward us your resume and cover letter. We will keep your information on file for future reference should a role come available that is aligned with your experience and skill profile.
Working at NIVA
As a communications firm specializing in science-based, technical, and risk-related subject matter, our goal is to remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and a seasoned corporate process is provided to enable your success and achieve the results we are known for. We provide competitive remuneration, including RRSP matching and group health, dental, and life insurance.
We are also conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.