Are you an energetic writer with a genuine passion for clearly communicating about science, technology, and other complex subject matter? Are you equally at home editing a technical research paper as you are using the contents of that paper to deliver messages and narratives that will inform and engage a general audience? We’re looking for you!
In response to our continuously growing client base, NIVA has an immediate opening for a full-time Writer/Editor. You will be responsible for fully understanding the needs of our clients, their audiences, and the subject matter they want to communicate. You will help organizations and researchers disseminate the results of their work. You will find creative ways to transform complex information into communication products that are clear and understandable, and that tell our clients’ stories. This could include preparing plain language summaries, technical reports, strategic plans, web content, and other related documents. You will also lead client engagement on deliverables from initial meetings through to project completion.
- At least 3-5 years of diverse experience with writing and editing documents about science, technology, and other complex subject matter, and tailoring them to multiple types of audiences.
- Graduation with a bachelors-level education is a minimum (further consideration may be given for those with advanced science- and communication-related degrees).
- Must be able to express ideas clearly and logically and should love to write. A profound curiosity and desire for constantly acquiring new knowledge is a plus.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, both collaboratively and independently and produce high-quality work on deadline is required.
- Must have the highest standards of customer service and professionalism and enjoy regularly engaging with colleagues and clients in a small office environment.
- Fluent bilingualism (English/French) is an asset.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced, and supportive team-based environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and where a foundation is laid for your personal success and growth. Starting compensation for this position is $60,000 plus a comprehensive benefits program, including group health, dental, and life insurance.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and a cover letter, along with three writing/editing samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org, by no later than Friday, December 6, 2019.
We are always looking for dedicated people to join our team. While we may not have anything that matches your interest right now, you are encouraged to forward us your resume and cover letter. We will keep your information on file for future reference should a role come available that is aligned with your experience and skill profile.
Working at NIVA
As a communications firm specializing in science-based, technical, and risk-related subject matter, our goal is to remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and a seasoned corporate process is provided to enable your success and achieve the results we are known for. We provide competitive remuneration, including group health, dental, and life insurance.
We are also conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.