NIVA Inc. provides a full suite of solutions that help clients working with complex subject-matter engage, inform, and motivate their target audiences. We are Canada’s leading consultancy specializing in science, technical, and risk communication.
Our goal is to remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard-working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
NIVA has an immediate opening for a full-time Proposal Writer/Coordinator. You will be responsible for leading the development NIVA’s submissions to public and private sector RFIs (Requests for Information), RFPs (Requests for Proposal); Requests for Quotations (RFQs) and unsolicited bids. Your role will include:
- Reviewing proposal requirements, clarifying content, and highlighting areas of concern
- Developing proposal outlines, schedules, and content
- Coordinating input from company team members and external partners
- Writing, editing, and submitting proposals
- Completing resource matrices (grids) to assess compliance to Federal Government RFPs
- Other proposal-oriented duties as required
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 5 years of direct experience with proposal writing/coordination
- Extensive knowledge of federal government procurement processes and contracting mechanisms, with a demonstrable track record of successful bids
- A proven ability to manage multiple projects, both collaboratively and independently, while producing high-quality work within rigid deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- Extensive working knowledge of document production using Microsoft Word and proficiency with the full MS Office suite
- Highest standards of customer service and professionalism, and the desire to regularly engage with colleagues in a small office environment
- Bilingualism will be considered an asset
We offer an exciting, fast-paced, and supportive environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and where a foundation is laid for your personal success and growth. We provide competitive remuneration, including group health, dental, and life insurance, and other benefits like wellness and transportation subsidies. The targeted compensation package for this position is $60,000, which includes base salary, commission, and RRSP matching.
We are conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores, and other amenities.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest in the position, only those being considered will be contacted.
We are always looking for dedicated people to join our team. While we may not have anything that matches your interest right now, you are encouraged to forward us your resume and cover letter. We will keep your information on file for future reference should a role come available that is aligned with your experience and skill profile.
Working at NIVA
As a communications firm specializing in science-based, technical, and risk-related subject matter, our goal is to remain at the forefront by offering high-quality services backed by talented and experienced staff. Our employees are smart, hard working, self-motivated, and professional – key drivers that make us a leader in our field.
We offer an exciting, fast-paced environment where talent and hard work is recognized, and a seasoned corporate process is provided to enable your success and achieve the results we are known for. We provide competitive remuneration, including RRSP matching and group health, dental, and life insurance.
We are also conveniently located in the heart of Westboro, one of Ottawa’s most desirable neighbourhoods, close to restaurants, stores and other amenities.